National Lockdown Accommodation around the UK
Finding accommodation during a National Lockdown
With the announcement yesterday of the 2021 National Lockdown we thought it would be helpful to clarify a few of the new rules for our guests and property owners.
Accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites must close, except for specific circumstances, such as where these act as someone’s main residence, where the person cannot return home, for providing accommodation or support to the homeless, or where it is essential to stay there for work purposes.
Although holidays are not allowed any worker with a valid reason can stay overnight in accommodation, rather than just essential workers as per previously.
You can stay overnight away from your home if you:
• are visiting your support bubble
• are unable to return to your main residence
• need accommodation while moving house
• need accommodation to attend a funeral or related commemorative event
• require accommodation for work purposes or to provide voluntary services
• are a child requiring accommodation for school or care
• are homeless, seeking asylum, a vulnerable person seeking refuge, or if escaping harm (including domestic abuse)
• are an elite athlete or their support staff or parent, if the athlete is under 18 and it is necessary to be outside of the home for training or competition
If you are already on holiday the advice is to return to your home as soon as practical.
Additionally, it is worth noting that Scotland may have slightly differing laws and guidance, please see the www.gov.uk website for the most up to date information.
When travelling for work you may require an apartment or small cottage if you are a solo traveller. If you are a family moving home or travelling for a funeral then a larger cottage or lodge may be more suitable.
An elite athlete may need to be near training facilities or need a larger outdoor space. Midweek Breaks offer a whole range of properties around the UK. Search by location or by bedroom numbers required.
Therefore, if you qualify for accommodation under the exemptions above our holiday home providers will welcome your enquiry. As each property owner may have their own procedures and rules in addition to the law it is best to contact them directly through our ‘Contact Owner’ button on each listing. This enquiry goes directly to the property owner/manager and they will reply directly to you.