Old Sweet Shop
The great-great-grandfather of the current owners, and the next three generations owned and ran this village sweet shop and general store from 1861 to 1921. The lovely 19th Century cottage has now been extended and refurbished offering a high standard of accommodation throughout. Adjacent to the owner’s property it faces the village high street, but is accessed via the rear. Eight steps down from the former farmyard leads to the rear garden with lawn, terrace, paved path with steps, pergola, rockery and raised beds with shrubs and flowers. It is surrounded by stone walls. Ample parking.
Shop 400 yards; Pub 200 yards.
Enter via the back door into; double aspect Kitchen with vaulted ceiling, beams, range cooker, American style fridge freezer, dishwasher, tiled floor and French doors to terrace; double doors to Dining Room with feature fireplace, wooden shuttered windows and original display cabinets; double aspect Sitting Room with door to high street; Snug with open fire; Shower bathroom; Utility Room.
Upstairs: 3 Bedrooms: double, 6ft double (can split to make twin) and a single both with feature Victorian fireplaces; Bathroom: bath with shower over.
Electric panel heaters and open fire. Wireless broadband.